Monday, October 1, 2012

Psalm 62

[1]   For God alone my soul waits in silence;  
         from him comes my salvation.  
[2]   He alone is my rock and my salvation,  
         my fortress; I shall never be shaken.

[3]   How long will you assail a person,  
         will you batter your victim, all of you,  
         as you would a leaning wall, a tottering fence?  
[4]   Their only plan is to bring down a person of prominence.  
         They take pleasure in falsehood;  
    they bless with their mouths,  
         but inwardly they curse.                                           
Selah

[5]   For God alone my soul waits in silence,  
         for my hope is from him.  
[6]   He alone is my rock and my salvation,  
         my fortress; I shall not be shaken.  
[7]   On God rests my deliverance and my honor;  
         my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.

[8]   Trust in him at all times, O people;  
         pour out your heart before him;  
         God is a refuge for us.                                            
     Selah

[9]   Those of low estate are but a breath,  
         those of high estate are a delusion;  
    in the balances they go up;  
         they are together lighter than a breath.  
[10]  Put no confidence in extortion,  
         and set no vain hopes on robbery;  
         if riches increase, do not set your heart on them.

[11]  Once God has spoken;  
         twice have I heard this:  
    that power belongs to God,  
[12]       and steadfast love belongs to you, O Lord.  
    For you repay to all  
         according to their work.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment