Friday, October 12, 2012

Psalm 51

[1]   Have mercy on me, O God,  
         according to your steadfast love;  
    according to your abundant mercy  
         blot out my transgressions.  
[2]   Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,  
         and cleanse me from my sin.

[3]   For I know my transgressions,  
         and my sin is ever before me.  
[4]   Against you, you alone, have I sinned,  
         and done what is evil in your sight,  
    so that you are justified in your sentence  
         and blameless when you pass judgment.  


[5]   Indeed, I was born guilty,  
         a sinner when my mother conceived me.

[6]   You desire truth in the inward being;  
         therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.  
[7]   Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;  
         wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.  
[8]   Let me hear joy and gladness;  
         let the bones that you have crushed rejoice.  
[9]   Hide your face from my sins,  
         and blot out all my iniquities.

[10]  Create in me a clean heart, O God,  
         and put a new and right spirit within me.  
[11]  Do not cast me away from your presence,  
         and do not take your holy spirit from me.  
[12]  Restore to me the joy of your salvation,  
         and sustain in me a willing spirit.

[13]  Then I will teach transgressors your ways,  
         and sinners will return to you.  
[14]  Deliver me from bloodshed, O God,  
         O God of my salvation,  
         and my tongue will sing aloud of your deliverance.

[15]  O Lord, open my lips,  
         and my mouth will declare your praise.  
[16]  For you have no delight in sacrifice;  
         if I were to give a burnt offering, you would not be pleased.  
[17]  The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit;  
         a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

[18]  Do good to Zion in your good pleasure;  
         rebuild the walls of Jerusalem,  
[19]  then you will delight in right sacrifices,  
         in burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings;  
         then bulls will be offered on your altar.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment