Saturday, October 27, 2012

Micah 7:1-7

[1]Woe is me! For I have become like one who,  
    after the summer fruit has been gathered,  
    after the vintage has been gleaned,  
finds no cluster to eat;  
    there is no first-ripe fig for which I hunger.  
[2]The faithful have disappeared from the land,  
    and there is no one left who is upright;  
they all lie in wait for blood,  
    and they hunt each other with nets.  
[3]Their hands are skilled to do evil;  
    the official and the judge ask for a bribe,  
and the powerful dictate what they desire;  
    thus they pervert justice.  
[4]The best of them is like a brier,  
    the most upright of them a thorn hedge.  
The day of their sentinels, of their punishment, has come;  
    now their confusion is at hand.  
[5]Put no trust in a friend,  
    have no confidence in a loved one;  
guard the doors of your mouth  
    from her who lies in your embrace;  
[6]for the son treats the father with contempt,  
    the daughter rises up against her mother,  
the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;  
    your enemies are members of your own household.  
[7] But as for me, I will look to the Lord,  
    I will wait for the God of my salvation;  
    my God will hear me.


No comments:

Post a Comment