Monday, October 29, 2012

Jonah 1:17-2:10

[1:17]But the Lord provided a large fish to swallow up Jonah; and Jonah was in
the belly of the fish for three days and three nights.

[2:1]Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the belly of the fish,
[2]saying,  
"I called to the Lord out of my distress,  
    and he answered me;  
out of the belly of Sheol I cried,  
    and you heard my voice.
[3]You cast me into the deep,  
    into the heart of the seas,  
    and the flood surrounded me;  
all your waves and your billows  
    passed over me.  
[4]Then I said, 'I am driven away  
    from your sight;  
how shall I look again  
    upon your holy temple?'  
[5]The waters closed in over me;  
    the deep surrounded me;  
weeds were wrapped around my head  
[6]     at the roots of the mountains.  
I went down to the land  
    whose bars closed upon me for ever;  
yet you brought up my life from the Pit,  
    O Lord my God.  
[7]As my life was ebbing away,  
    I remembered the Lord;  
and my prayer came to you,  
    into your holy temple.  
[8]Those who worship vain idols  
    forsake their true loyalty.  
[9]But I with the voice of thanksgiving  
    will sacrifice to you;  
what I have vowed I will pay.  
    Deliverance belongs to the Lord!"

[10]Then the Lord spoke to the fish, and it spewed Jonah out upon the dry
land.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment