Friday, October 5, 2012

Psalm 25

[1]   To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul.   
[2]   O my God, in you I trust;   
         do not let me be put to shame;   
         do not let my enemies exult over me.   
[3]   Do not let those who wait for you be put to shame;   
         let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.

[4]   Make me to know your ways, O LORD;   
         teach me your paths.   
[5]   Lead me in your truth, and teach me,   
         for you are the God of my salvation;   
         for you I wait all day long.

[6]   Be mindful of your mercy, O LORD, and of your steadfast love,   
         for they have been from of old.   
[7]   Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions;   
         according to your steadfast love remember me,   
         for your goodness' sake, O LORD!

[8]   Good and upright is the LORD;   
         therefore he instructs sinners in the way.   
[9]   He leads the humble in what is right,   
         and teaches the humble his way.   
[10]  All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness,   
         for those who keep his covenant and his decrees.

[11]  For your name's sake, O LORD,   
         pardon my guilt, for it is great.   


[12]  Who are they that fear the LORD?   
         He will teach them the way that they should choose

[13]  They will abide in prosperity,   
         and their children shall possess the land.   
[14]  The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear him,   
         and he makes his covenant known to them.   
[15]  My eyes are ever toward the LORD,   
         for he will pluck my feet out of the net.

[16]  Turn to me and be gracious to me,   
         for I am lonely and afflicted.   
[17]  Relieve the troubles of my heart,   
         and bring me out of my distress.   
[18]  Consider my affliction and my trouble,   
         and forgive all my sins.

[19]  Consider how many are my foes,   
         and with what violent hatred they hate me.   
[20]  O guard my life, and deliver me;   
         do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.   
[21]  May integrity and uprightness preserve me,   
         for I wait for you.

[22]  Redeem Israel, O God,   
         out of all its troubles.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment