Monday, October 22, 2012

Psalm 57


[1]   Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,  
          for in you my soul takes refuge;  
     in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge,  
          until the destroying storms pass by.  
[2]   I cry to God Most High,  
          to God who fulfills his purpose for me.  
[3]  He will send from heaven and save me,  
          he will put to shame those who trample on me.           Selah  
      God will send forth his steadfast love and his faithfulness.

[4]   I lie down among lions  
          that greedily devour human prey;  
     their teeth are spears and arrows,  
          their tongues sharp swords.

[5]   Be exalted, O God, above the heavens.  
          Let your glory be over all the earth.

[6]   They set a net for my steps;  
          my soul was bowed down.  
     They dug a pit in my path,  
          but they have fallen into it themselves.                       
Selah  
[7]   My heart is steadfast, O God,  
          my heart is steadfast.  
     I will sing and make melody.  
[8]        Awake, my soul!   
     Awake, O harp and lyre!  
          I will awake the dawn.  
[9]   I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;  
          I will sing praises to you among the nations.  
[10]   For your steadfast love is as high as the heavens;  
          your faithfulness extends to the clouds.

[11]   Be exalted, O God, above the heavens.  
     Let your glory be over all the earth.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment