Thursday, May 1, 2014

John 15:12-27 and Psalm 113

John 15:12-27

[12]"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
[13]No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. [14]You are my friends if you do what I command you. [15]I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father. [16]You did not choose me but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask him in my name. [17]I am giving you these commands so that you may love one another.

[18]"If the world hates you, be aware that it hated me before it hated you.
[19]If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as its own. Because you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world - therefore the world hates you. [20]Remember the word that I said to you, 'Servants are not greater than their master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also. [21]But they will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. [22]If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. [23]Whoever hates me hates my Father also. [24]If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not have sin. But now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. [25]It was to fulfill the word that is written in their law, 'They hated me without a cause.'

[26]"When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who comes from the Father, he will testify on my behalf.
[27]You also are to testify because you have been with me from the beginning."


****************************************

Psalm 113

[1]   Praise the LORD!  
     Praise, O servants of the LORD;  
          praise the name of the LORD.

[2]   Blessed be the name of the LORD  
          from this time on and forevermore.  
[3]   From the rising of the sun to its setting  
          the name of the LORD is to be praised.  
[4]   The LORD is high above all nations,  
          and his glory above the heavens.

[5]   Who is like the LORD our God,  
          who is seated on high,  
[6]   who looks far down  
          on the heavens and the earth?  


[7]   He raises the poor from the dust,  
          and lifts the needy from the ash heap,  
[8]   to make them sit with princes,  
          with the princes of his people.  
[9]   He gives the barren woman a home,  
          making her the joyous mother of children.  
     Praise the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment