Wednesday, April 30, 2014

John 15:1-11 and Psalm 9

John 15:1-11

[1]"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinegrower. [2]He removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit. [3]You have already been cleansed by the word that I have spoken to you. [4]Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. [5]I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. [6]Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. [7]If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. [8]My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples. [9]As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love. [10]If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
[11]I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete."

******************************************

Psalm 9

[1]   I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart;  
          I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.  
[2]   I will be glad and exult in you;  
          I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

[3]   When my enemies turned back,  
          they stumbled and perished before you.  
[4]   For you have maintained my just cause;  
          you have sat on the throne giving righteous judgment.

[5]   You have rebuked the nations, you have destroyed the wicked;  
          you have blotted out their name forever and ever.  
[6]   The enemies have vanished in everlasting ruins;  
          their cities you have rooted out;  
          the very memory of them has perished.

[7]   But the LORD sits enthroned forever,  
          he has established his throne for judgment.  
[8]   He judges the world with righteousness;  
          he judges the peoples with equity.

[9]   The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed,  
          a stronghold in times of trouble.  
[10]  And those who know your name put their trust in you,  
          for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.

[11  ]Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion.  
          Declare his deeds among the peoples.  
[12]  For he who avenges blood is mindful of them;  
          he does not forget the cry of the afflicted.

[13]  Be gracious to me, O LORD.  
          See what I suffer from those who hate me;  
          you are the one who lifts me up from the gates of death,  
[14]  so that I may recount all your praises,  
          and, in the gates of daughter Zion,  
          rejoice in your deliverance.

[15]  The nations have sunk in the pit that they made;  
          in the net that they hid has their own foot been caught.  
[16]  The LORD has made himself known, he has executed judgment;  
          the wicked are snared in the work of their own hands.            
Higgaion.  Selah

[17]  The wicked shall depart to Sheol,  
          all the nations that forget God.

[18]  For the needy shall not always be forgotten,  
          nor the hope of the poor perish forever.

[19]  Rise up, O LORD! Do not let mortals prevail;  
          let the nations be judged before you.  
[20]  Put them in fear, O LORD;  
          let the nations know that they are only human.                    
            Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment