Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Psalm 99 and Exodus 33:17-23

Psalm 99

[1]   The LORD is king; let the peoples tremble!  
          He sits enthroned upon the cherubim; let the earth quake!  
[2]   The LORD is great in Zion;  
          he is exalted over all the peoples.  
[3]   Let them praise your great and awesome name.  
          Holy is he!  
[4]   Mighty King, lover of justice,  
          you have established equity;  
     you have executed justice  
          and righteousness in Jacob.  
[5]   Extol the LORD our God;  
          worship at his footstool.  

          Holy is he!  

****************************************

Exodus 33:17-23

[17]The LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing that you have asked; for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name." [18]Moses said, "Show me your glory, I pray." [19]And he said, "I will make all my goodness pass before you, and will proclaim before you the name, 'The LORD'; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy. [20]But," he said, "you cannot see my face; for no one shall see me and live." [21]And the LORD continued, "See, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock; [22]and while my glory passes by I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with my hand until I have passed by; [23]then I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back; but my face shall not be seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment