Thursday, December 13, 2012

Psalm 18:1-20


[1]I love you, O LORD, my strength.

[2]The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer,

my God, my rock in whom I take refuge,

my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

[3]I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,

so I shall be saved from my enemies.

[4]The cords of death encompassed me;

the torrents of perdition assailed me;

[5]the cords of Sheol entangled me;

the snares of death confronted me.

[6]In my distress I called upon the LORD;

to my God I cried for help.

>From his temple he heard my voice,

and my cry to him reached his ears.

[7]Then the earth reeled and rocked;

the foundations also of the mountains trembled

and quaked, because he was angry.

[8]Smoke went up from his nostrils,

and devouring fire from his mouth;

glowing coals flamed forth from him.

[9]He bowed the heavens, and came down;

thick darkness was under his feet.

[10]He rode on a cherub, and flew;

he came swiftly upon the wings of the wind.

[11]He made darkness his covering around him,

his canopy thick clouds dark with water.

[12]Out of the brightness before him

there broke through his clouds

hailstones and coals of fire.

[13]The LORD also thundered in the heavens,

and the Most High uttered his voice.

[14]And he sent out his arrows, and scattered them;

he flashed forth lightnings, and routed them.

[15]Then the channels of the sea were seen,

and the foundations of the world were laid bare

at your rebuke, O LORD,

at the blast of the breath of your nostrils.

[16]He reached down from on high, he took me;

he drew me out of mighty waters.

[17]He delivered me from my strong enemy,

and from those who hated me;

for they were too mighty for me.

[18]They confronted me in the day of my calamity;

but the LORD was my support.

[19]He brought me out into a broad place;

he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

[20]The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness;

according to the cleanness of my hands he recompensed me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment