Thursday, December 6, 2012

Psalm 18:1-20


[1]I love you, O LORD, my strength.
[2]The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer,
my God, my rock in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 
[3]I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
so I shall be saved from my enemies.
[4]The cords of death encompassed me;
the torrents of perdition assailed me;
[5]the cords of Sheol entangled me;
the snares of death confronted me.
[6]In my distress I called upon the LORD;
to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
and my cry to him reached his ears.
[7]Then the earth reeled and rocked;
the foundations also of the mountains trembled
and quaked, because he was angry.
[8]Smoke went up from his nostrils,
and devouring fire from his mouth;
glowing coals flamed forth from him.
[9]He bowed the heavens, and came down;
thick darkness was under his feet.
[10]He rode on a cherub, and flew;
he came swiftly upon the wings of the wind.
[11]He made darkness his covering around him,
his canopy thick clouds dark with water.
[12]Out of the brightness before him
there broke through his clouds
hailstones and coals of fire.
[13]The LORD also thundered in the heavens,
and the Most High uttered his voice.
[14]And he sent out his arrows, and scattered them;
he flashed forth lightnings, and routed them.
[15]Then the channels of the sea were seen,
and the foundations of the world were laid bare
at your rebuke, O LORD,
at the blast of the breath of your nostrils.
[16]He reached down from on high, he took me;
he drew me out of mighty waters.
[17]He delivered me from my strong enemy,
and from those who hated me;
for they were too mighty for me.
[18]They confronted me in the day of my calamity;
but the LORD was my support.
[19]He brought me out into a broad place;
he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
[20]The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he recompensed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment