Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Psalm 116

[1]   I love the LORD, because he has heard   
         my voice and my supplications.   
[2]   Because he inclined his ear to me,   
         therefore I will call on him as long as I live.   
[3]   The snares of death encompassed me;   
         the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me;   
         I suffered distress and anguish.   
[4]   Then I called on the name of the LORD:   
         "O LORD, I pray, save my life!"

[5]   Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;   
         our God is merciful.   
[6]   The LORD protects the simple;   
         when I was brought low, he saved me.   
[7]   Return, O my soul, to your rest,   
         for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.

[8]   For you have delivered my soul from death,   
         my eyes from tears,   
         my feet from stumbling.   
[9]   I walk before the LORD   
         in the land of the living.   
[10]  I kept my faith, even when I said,   
         "I am greatly afflicted";   
[11]  I said in my consternation,   
         "Everyone is a liar."

[12]  What shall I return to the LORD   
         for all his bounty to me?   
[13]   I will lift up the cup of salvation   
         and call on the name of the LORD,   
[14]  I will pay my vows to the LORD   
         in the presence of all his people.   
[15]  Precious in the sight of the LORD   
         is the death of his faithful ones.   
[16]  O LORD, I am your servant;   
         I am your servant, the child of your serving girl.   
         You have loosed my bonds.   
[17]  I will offer to you a thanksgiving sacrifice   
         and call on the name of the LORD.   
[18]  I will pay my vows to the LORD   
         in the presence of all his people,   
[19]  in the courts of the house of the LORD,   
         in your midst, O Jerusalem.   
    Praise the LORD!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment