Friday, February 8, 2013

Psalm 84

[1]   How lovely is your dwelling place,   
         O LORD of hosts!   
[2]   My soul longs, indeed it faints   
         for the courts of the LORD;   
    my heart and my flesh sing for joy   
         to the living God.

[3]   Even the sparrow finds a home,   
         and the swallow a nest for herself,   
         where she may lay her young,   
    at your altars, O LORD of hosts,   
         my King and my God.   
[4]   Happy are those who live in your house,   
         ever singing your praise.                        Selah

[5]   Happy are those whose strength is in you,   
         in whose heart are the highways to Zion.   
[6]   As they go through the valley of Baca   
         they make it a place of springs;   
         the early rain also covers it with pools.   
[7]   They go from strength to strength;   
         the God of gods will be seen in Zion.

[8]   O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer;   
         give ear, O God of Jacob!                          Selah   
[9]   Behold our shield, O God;   
         look on the face of your anointed.

[10]  For a day in your courts is better   
         than a thousand elsewhere.   
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God   
         than live in the tents of wickedness.   
[11]  For the LORD God is a sun and shield;   
         he bestows favor and honor.   
    No good thing does the LORD withhold   
         from those who walk uprightly.   
[12]  O LORD of hosts,   
         happy is everyone who trusts in you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment