Thursday, February 28, 2013

Psalm 102

[1] Hear my prayer, O LORD;   
         let my cry come to you.   
[2] Do not hide your face from me   
         in the day of my distress.   
    Incline your ear to me;   
         answer me speedily in the day when I call.

[3] For my days pass away like smoke,   
         and my bones burn like a furnace.   
[4] My heart is stricken and withered like grass;   
         I am too wasted to eat my bread.   
[5] Because of my loud groaning   
         my bones cling to my skin.   
[6] I am like an owl of the wilderness,   
         like a little owl of the waste places.   
[7] I lie awake;   
         I am like a lonely bird on the housetop.   
[8] All day long my enemies taunt me;   
         those who deride me use my name for a curse.   
[9] For I eat ashes like bread,   
         and mingle tears with my drink,   
[10] because of your indignation and anger;   
         for you have lifted me up and thrown me aside.   
[11] My days are like an evening shadow;   
         I wither away like grass.

[12] But you, O LORD, are enthroned forever;   
         your name endures to all generations.   
[13] You will rise up and have compassion on Zion,   
         for it is time to favor it;   
         the appointed time has come.   
[14] For your servants hold its stones dear,   
         and have pity on its dust.   
[15] The nations will fear the name of the LORD,   
         and all the kings of the earth your glory.   
[16] For the LORD will build up Zion;   
         he will appear in his glory.   
[17] He will regard the prayer of the destitute,   
         and will not despise their prayer.   
[18] Let this be recorded for a generation to come,   
         so that a people yet unborn may praise the LORD:   
[19] that he looked down from his holy height,   
         from heaven the LORD looked at the earth,   
[20] to hear the groans of the prisoners,   
         to set free those who were doomed to die;   
[21] so that the name of the LORD may be declared in Zion,   
         and his praise in Jerusalem,   
[22] when peoples gather together,   
         and kingdoms, to worship the LORD.

[23] He has broken my strength in midcourse;   
         he has shortened my days.   
[24] "O my God," I say, "do not take me away   
         at the mid-point of my life,   
    you whose years endure   
         throughout all generations."

[25] Long ago you laid the foundation of the earth,   
         and the heavens are the work of your hands.   
[26] They will perish, but you endure;   
         they will all wear out like a garment.   
    You change them like clothing, and they pass away;   
[27] but you are the same, and your years have no end.   
[28] The children of your servants shall live secure;   
         their offspring shall be established in your presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment