Saturday, February 2, 2013

Isaiah 51:1-8

[1]   Listen to me, you that pursue righteousness,   
         you that seek the LORD.   
    Look to the rock from which you were hewn,   
         and to the quarry from which you were dug.   
[2]   Look to Abraham your father   
         and to Sarah who bore you;   
    for he was but one when I called him,   
         but I blessed him and made him many.   
[3]   For the LORD will comfort Zion;   
         he will comfort all her waste places,   
    and will make her wilderness like Eden,   
         her desert like the garden of the LORD;   
    joy and gladness will be found in her,   
         thanksgiving and the voice of song.

[4]   Listen to me, my people,   
         and give heed to me, my nation;   
    for a teaching will go out from me,   
         and my justice for a light to the peoples.   
[5]   I will bring near my deliverance swiftly,   
         my salvation has gone out   
         and my arms will rule the peoples;   
    the coastlands wait for me,   
         and for my arm they hope.   
[6]   Lift up your eyes to the heavens,   
         and look at the earth beneath;   
    for the heavens will vanish like smoke,   
         the earth will wear out like a garment,   
         and those who live on it will die like gnats;   
    but my salvation will be forever,   
         and my deliverance will never be ended.

[7]   Listen to me, you who know righteousness,   
         you people who have my teaching in your hearts;   
    do not fear the reproach of others,   
         and do not be dismayed when they revile you.   
[8]   For the moth will eat them up like a garment,   
         and the worm will eat them like wool;   
    but my deliverance will be forever,   
         and my salvation to all generations.


No comments:

Post a Comment