Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Psalm 27


[1]   The LORD is my light and my salvation;  
          whom shall I fear?  
     The LORD is the stronghold of my life;  
          of whom shall I be afraid?

[2]   When evildoers assail me  
          to devour my flesh --  
     my adversaries and foes --  
          they shall stumble and fall.

[3]   Though an army encamp against me,  
          my heart shall not fear;  
     though war rise up against me,  
          yet I will be confident.

[4]   One thing I asked of the LORD,  
          that will I seek after:  
     to live in the house of the LORD  
          all the days of my life,  
     to behold the beauty of the LORD,  
          and to inquire in his temple.

[5]   For he will hide me in his shelter  
          in the day of trouble;  
     he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;  
          he will set me high on a rock.

[6]   Now my head is lifted up  
          above my enemies all around me,  
     and I will offer in his tent  
          sacrifices with shouts of joy;  
     I will sing and make melody to the LORD.

[7]   Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud,  
          be gracious to me and answer me!  
[8]   "Come," my heart says, "seek his face!"  
          Your face, LORD, do I seek.  
[9]        Do not hide your face from me.

     Do not turn your servant away in anger,  
          you who have been my help.  
     Do not cast me off, do not forsake me,  
          O God of my salvation!  
[10]   If my father and mother forsake me,  
          the LORD will take me up.

[11]  Teach me your way, O LORD,  
          and lead me on a level path  
          because of my enemies.  
[12]  Do not give me up to the will of my adversaries,  
          for false witnesses have risen against me,  
          and they are breathing out violence.

[13]  I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD  
          in the land of the living.  
[14]   Wait for the LORD;  
          be strong, and let your heart take courage;  
          wait for the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment