Friday, February 14, 2014

Psalm 51 and Psalm 142

Psalm 51

[1]   Have mercy on me, O God,   
         according to your steadfast love;   
    according to your abundant mercy   
         blot out my transgressions.   
[2]   Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,   
         and cleanse me from my sin.

[3]   For I know my transgressions,   
         and my sin is ever before me.   
[4]   Against you, you alone, have I sinned,   
         and done what is evil in your sight,   
    so that you are justified in your sentence   
         and blameless when you pass judgment.   


[5]   Indeed, I was born guilty,   
         a sinner when my mother conceived me.

[6]   You desire truth in the inward being;   
         therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.   
[7]   Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;   
         wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.   
[8]   Let me hear joy and gladness;   
         let the bones that you have crushed rejoice.   
[9]   Hide your face from my sins,   
         and blot out all my iniquities.

[10]  Create in me a clean heart, O God,   
         and put a new and right spirit within me.   
[11]  Do not cast me away from your presence,   
         and do not take your holy spirit from me.   
[12]  Restore to me the joy of your salvation,   
         and sustain in me a willing spirit.

[13]  Then I will teach transgressors your ways,   
         and sinners will return to you.   
[14]  Deliver me from bloodshed, O God,   
         O God of my salvation,   
         and my tongue will sing aloud of your deliverance.

[15]  O Lord, open my lips,   
         and my mouth will declare your praise.   
[16]  For you have no delight in sacrifice;   
         if I were to give a burnt offering, you would not be pleased.   
[17]  The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit;   
         a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

[18]  Do good to Zion in your good pleasure;   
         rebuild the walls of Jerusalem,   
[19]  then you will delight in right sacrifices,   
         in burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings;   
         then bulls will be offered on your altar.

****************************************

Psalm 142

[1]   With my voice I cry to the LORD;   
         with my voice I make supplication to the LORD.   
[2]   I pour out my complaint before him;   
         I tell my trouble before him.   
[3]   When my spirit is faint,   
         you know my way.

    In the path where I walk   
         they have hidden a trap for me.   
[4]   Look on my right hand and see --   
         there is no one who takes notice of me;   
    no refuge remains to me;   
         no one cares for me.

[5]   I cry to you, O LORD;   
         I say, "You are my refuge,   
         my portion in the land of the living."   
[6]   Give heed to my cry,   
         for I am brought very low.

    Save me from my persecutors,   
         for they are too strong for me.   
[7]   Bring me out of prison,   
         so that I may give thanks to your name.   
    The righteous will surround me,   
         for you will deal bountifully with me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment