Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Psalm 42


[1]   As a deer longs for flowing streams,  
          so my soul longs for you, O God.  
[2]   My soul thirsts for God,  
          for the living God.  
     When shall I come and behold  
          the face of God?  
[3]   My tears have been my food  
          day and night,  
     while people say to me continually,  
          "Where is your God?"

[4]   These things I remember,  
          as I pour out my soul:  
     how I went with the throng,  
          and led them in procession to the house of God,  
     with glad shouts and songs of thanksgiving,  
          a multitude keeping festival.  
[5]   Why are you cast down, O my soul,  
          and why are you disquieted within me?  
     Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,  
          my help [6]and my God.

     My soul is cast down within me;  
          therefore I remember you  
     from the land of Jordan and of Hermon,  
          from Mount Mizar.  
[7]   Deep calls to deep  
          at the thunder of your cataracts;  
     all your waves and your billows  
          have gone over me.  
[8]   By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,  
          and at night his song is with me,  
          a prayer to the God of my life.

[9]   I say to God, my rock,  
          "Why have you forgotten me?  
     Why must I walk about mournfully  
          because the enemy oppresses me?"  
[10]  As with a deadly wound in my body,  
          my adversaries taunt me,  
     while they say to me continually,  
          "Where is your God?"

[11]  Why are you cast down, O my soul,  
          and why are you disquieted within me?  
     Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,  
          my help and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment