Saturday, January 26, 2013

Psalm 118

[1]   O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;   
         his steadfast love endures forever!

[2]   Let Israel say,   
         "His steadfast love endures forever."   
[3]   Let the house of Aaron say,   
         "His steadfast love endures forever."   
[4]   Let those who fear the LORD say,   
         "His steadfast love endures forever."

[5]   Out of my distress I called on the LORD;   
         the LORD answered me and set me in a broad place.   
[6]   With the LORD on my side I do not fear.   
         What can mortals do to me?   
[7]   The LORD is on my side to help me;   
         I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.   
[8]   It is better to take refuge in the LORD   
         than to put confidence in mortals.   
[9]   It is better to take refuge in the LORD   
         than to put confidence in princes.

[10]  All nations surrounded me;   
         in the name of the LORD I cut them off!   
[11]  They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side;   
         in the name of the LORD I cut them off!   
[12]  They surrounded me like bees;   
         they blazed like a fire of thorns;   
         in the name of the LORD I cut them off!   
[13]  I was pushed hard, so that I was falling,   
         but the LORD helped me.   
[14]  The LORD is my strength and my might;   
         he has become my salvation.

[15]  There are glad songs of victory in the tents of the righteous:   
    "The right hand of the LORD does valiantly;   
[16]       the right hand of the LORD is exalted;   
         the right hand of the LORD does valiantly."   
[17]  I shall not die, but I shall live,   
         and recount the deeds of the LORD.   
[18]  The LORD has punished me severely,   
         but he did not give me over to death.

[19]  Open to me the gates of righteousness,   
         that I may enter through them   
         and give thanks to the LORD.

[20]  This is the gate of the LORD;   
         the righteous shall enter through it.

[21]  I thank you that you have answered me   
         and have become my salvation.   
[22]  The stone that the builders rejected   
         has become the chief cornerstone.   
[23]  This is the LORD's doing;   
         it is marvelous in our eyes.   
[24]  This is the day that the LORD has made;   
         let us rejoice and be glad in it.   
[25]  Save us, we beseech you, O LORD!   
         O LORD, we beseech you, give us success!

[26]  Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the LORD.   
         We bless you from the house of the LORD.   
[27]  The LORD is God,   
         and he has given us light.   
    Bind the festal procession with branches,   
         up to the horns of the altar.

[28]  You are my God, and I will give thanks to you;   
         you are my God, I will extol you.

[29]  O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good,   
         for his steadfast love endures forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment