Monday, January 14, 2013

Mark 1:1-13


[1]The beginning of the good news of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

[2]As it is written in the prophet Isaiah,  
     "See, I am sending my messenger ahead of you,  
          who will prepare your way;  
[3]   the voice of one crying out in the wilderness:  
          'Prepare the way of the Lord,  
          make his paths straight,'"  
[4]John the baptizer appeared in the wilderness, proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. [5]And people from the whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem were going out to him, and were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins. [6]Now John was clothed with camel&rsqquos hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey. [7]He proclaimed, "The one who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to stoop down and untie the thong of his sandals. [8]I have baptized you with water; but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

[9]In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. [10]And just as he was coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens torn apart and the Spirit descending like a dove on him. [11]And a voice came from heaven, "You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased."

[12]And the Spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness [13]He was in the wilderness for forty days, tempted by Satan; and he was with the wild beasts; and the angels waited on him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment