Friday, September 28, 2012

Psalm 6

[1]   O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger,  
         or discipline me in your wrath.  
[2]   Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing;  
         O LORD, heal me, for my bones are shaking with terror.  
[3]   My soul also is struck with terror,  
         while you, O LORD -- how long?

[4]   Turn, O LORD, save my life;  
         deliver me for the sake of your steadfast love.  
[5]   For in death there is no remembrance of you;  
         in Sheol who can give you praise?

[6]   I am weary with my moaning;  
         every night I flood my bed with tears;  
         I drench my couch with my weeping.  
[7]   My eyes waste away because of grief;  
         they grow weak because of all my foes.

[8]   Depart from me, all you workers of evil,  
         for the LORD has heard the sound of my weeping.  
[9]   The LORD has heard my supplication;  
         the LORD accepts my prayer.  
[10]  All my enemies shall be ashamed and struck with terror;  
         they shall turn back, and in a moment be put to shame.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment