Monday, September 10, 2012

Job 32:1-10, 32:19-33:1, 33:19-28


[1]So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes. [2]Then Elihu son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram, became angry. He was angry at Job because he justified himself rather than God; [3]he was angry also at Job's three friends because they had found no answer, though they had declared Job to be in the wrong. [4]Now Elihu had waited to speak to Job, because they were older than he. [5]But when Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouths of these three men, he became angry.

[6]Elihu son of Barachel the Buzite answered: "I am young in years, and you are aged; therefore I was timid and afraid to declare my opinion to you. [7]I said, 'Let days speak, and many years teach wisdom.' [8]But truly it is the spirit in a mortal, the breath of the Almighty, that makes for understanding.
[9]It is not the old that are wise, nor the aged that understand what is right. [10]Therefore I say, 'Listen to me; let me also declare my opinion.'

[19]My heart is indeed like wine that has no vent; like new wineskins, it is ready to burst. [20]I must speak, so that I may find relief; I must open my lips and answer. [21]I will not show partiality to any person or use flattery toward anyone. [22]For I do not know how to flatter - or my Maker would soon put an end to me!

[1]"But now, hear my speech, O Job, and listen to all my words.

[19]They are also chastened with pain upon their beds, and with continual strife in their bones, [20]so that their lives loathe bread, and their appetites dainty food. [21]Their flesh is so wasted away that it cannot be seen; and their bones, once invisible, now stick out. [22]Their souls draw near the Pit, and their lives to those who bring death. [23]Then, if there should be for one of them an angel, a mediator, one of a thousand, one who declares a person upright, [24]and he is gracious to that person, and says, 'Deliver him from going down into the Pit; I have found a ransom; [25]let his flesh become fresh with youth; let him return to the days of his youthful vigor.' [26]Then he prays to God, and is accepted by him, he comes into his presence with joy, and God repays him for his righteousness. [27]That person sings to others and says, 'I sinned, and perverted what was right, and it was not paid back to me. [28]He has redeemed my soul from going down to the Pit, and my life shall see the light.'

 

No comments:

Post a Comment