Monday, September 17, 2012

Job 40:1-24


[1]And the LORD said to Job: [2]"Shall a faultfinder contend with the Almighty? Anyone who argues with God must respond."

[3]Then Job answered the LORD: [4]"See, I am of small account; what shall I answer you? I lay my hand on my mouth. [5]I have spoken once, and I will not answer; twice, but will proceed no further."

[6]Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind: [7]"Gird up your loins like a man; I will question you, and you declare to me. [8]Will you even put me in the wrong? Will you condemn me that you may be justified? [9]Have you an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?

[10]"Deck yourself with majesty and dignity; clothe yourself with glory and splendor. [11]Pour out the overflowings of your anger, and look on all who are proud, and abase them. [12]Look on all who are proud, and bring them low; tread down the wicked where they stand. [13]Hide them all in the dust together; bind their faces in the world below. [14]Then I will also acknowledge to you that your own right hand can give you victory.

[15]"Look at Behemoth, which I made just as I made you; it eats grass like an ox. [16]Its strength is in its loins, and its power in the muscles of its belly. [17]It makes its tail stiff like a cedar; the sinews of its thighs are knit together. [18]Its bones are tubes of bronze, its limbs like bars of iron.


[19]"It is the first of the great acts of God - only its Maker can approach it with the sword. [20]For the mountains yield food for it where all the wild animals play. [21]Under the lotus plants it lies, in the covert of the reeds and in the marsh. [22]The lotus trees cover it for shade; the willows of the wadi surround it. [23]Even if the river is turbulent, it is not frightened; it is confident though Jordan rushes against its mouth. [24]Can one take it with hooks or pierce its nose with a snare?

No comments:

Post a Comment