Friday, January 24, 2014

Psalm 32

[1]   Happy are those whose transgression is forgiven,   
         whose sin is covered.   
[2]   Happy are those to whom the LORD imputes no iniquity,   
         and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

[3]   While I kept silence, my body wasted away   
         through my groaning all day long.   
[4]   For day and night your hand was heavy upon me;   
         my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer.     Selah

[5]   Then I acknowledged my sin to you,   
         and I did not hide my iniquity;   
    I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,"   
         and you forgave the guilt of my sin.                                
  Selah

[6]   Therefore let all who are faithful   
         offer prayer to you;   
    at a time of distress, the rush of mighty waters   
         shall not reach them.   


[7]   You are a hiding place for me;   
         you preserve me from trouble;   
         you surround me with glad cries of deliverance.             Selah

[8]   I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go;   
         I will counsel you with my eye upon you.   
[9]   Do not be like a horse or a mule, without understanding,   
         whose temper must be curbed with bit and bridle,   
         else it will not stay near you.

[10]   Many are the torments of the wicked,   
         but steadfast love surrounds those who trust in the LORD.   
[11]   Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, O righteous,   
         and shout for joy, all you upright in heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment