Monday, December 16, 2013

Psalm 122

[1]   I was glad when they said to me,  
          "Let us go to the house of the LORD!"  
[2]   Our feet are standing  
          within your gates, O Jerusalem.

[3]   Jerusalem -- built as a city  
          that is bound firmly together.  
[4]   To it the tribes go up,  
          the tribes of the LORD,  
     as was decreed for Israel,  
          to give thanks to the name of the LORD.  
[5]   For there the thrones for judgment were set up,  
          the thrones of the house of David.

[6]   Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:  
          "May they prosper who love you.  
[7]   Peace be within your walls,  
          and security within your towers."  
[8]   For the sake of my relatives and friends  
          I will say, "Peace be within you."  
[9]   For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,  
          I will seek your good.

No comments:

Post a Comment