Thursday, December 26, 2013

Psalm 119:1-24

[1]   Happy are those whose way is blameless,  
          who walk in the law of the LORD.  
[2]   Happy are those who keep his decrees,  
          who seek him with their whole heart,  
[3]   who also do no wrong,  
          but walk in his ways.  
[4]   You have commanded your precepts  
          to be kept diligently.  
[5]   O that my ways may be steadfast  
          in keeping your statutes!  
[6]   Then I shall not be put to shame,  
          having my eyes fixed on all your commandments.  
[7]   I will praise you with an upright heart,  
          when I learn your righteous ordinances.  
[8]   I will observe your statutes;  
          do not utterly forsake me.

[9]   How can young people keep their way pure?  
          By guarding it according to your word.  
[10]  With my whole heart I seek you;  
          do not let me stray from your commandments.  
[11]  I treasure your word in my heart,  
          so that I may not sin against you.  
[12]  Blessed are you, O LORD;  
          teach me your statutes.  
[13]  With my lips I declare  
          all the ordinances of your mouth.  
[14]  I delight in the way of your decrees  
          as much as in all riches.  
[15]  I will meditate on your precepts,  
          and fix my eyes on your ways.  
[16]  I will delight in your statutes;  
          I will not forget your word.

[17]  Deal bountifully with your servant,  
          so that I may live and observe your word.  
[18]  Open my eyes, so that I may behold  
          wondrous things out of your law.  
[19]  I live as an alien in the land;  
          do not hide your commandments from me.  
[20]  My soul is consumed with longing  
          for your ordinances at all times.  
[21]  You rebuke the insolent, accursed ones,  
          who wander from your commandments;  
[22]  take away from me their scorn and contempt,  
          for I have kept your decrees.  
[23]  Even though princes sit plotting against me,  
          your servant will meditate on your statutes.  
[24]  Your decrees are my delight,  
          they are my counselors.



No comments:

Post a Comment