Thursday, September 12, 2013

Psalm 16

[1]   Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge.  
[2]   I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord;  
          I have no good apart from you."

[3]   As for the holy ones in the land, they are the noble,  
          in whom is all my delight.

[4]   Those who choose another god multiply their sorrows;  
          their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out  
          or take their names upon my lips.

[5]   The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup;  
          you hold my lot.  
[6]   The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;  
          I have a goodly heritage.

[7]   I bless the LORD who gives me counsel;  
          in the night also my heart instructs me.  
[8]   I keep the LORD always before me;  
          because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

[9]   Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices;  
          my body also rests secure.  
[10]  For you do not give me up to Sheol,  
          or let your faithful one see the Pit.

[11]  You show me the path of life.  
          In your presence there is fullness of joy;  
          in your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment