Thursday, September 5, 2013

Psalm 116

[1]   I love the LORD, because he has heard  
          my voice and my supplications.  
[2]   Because he inclined his ear to me,  
          therefore I will call on him as long as I live.  
[3]   The snares of death encompassed me;  
          the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me;  
          I suffered distress and anguish.  
[4]   Then I called on the name of the LORD:  
          "O LORD, I pray, save my life!"

[5]   Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;  
          our God is merciful.  
[6]   The LORD protects the simple;  
          when I was brought low, he saved me.  
[7]   Return, O my soul, to your rest,  
          for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.

[8]   For you have delivered my soul from death,  
          my eyes from tears,  
          my feet from stumbling.  
[9]   I walk before the LORD  
          in the land of the living.  
[10]  I kept my faith, even when I said,  
          "I am greatly afflicted";  
[11]  I said in my consternation,  
          "Everyone is a liar."

[12]  What shall I return to the LORD  
          for all his bounty to me?  
[13]   I will lift up the cup of salvation  
          and call on the name of the LORD,  
[14]  I will pay my vows to the LORD  
          in the presence of all his people.  
[15]  Precious in the sight of the LORD  
          is the death of his faithful ones.  
[16]  O LORD, I am your servant;  
          I am your servant, the child of your serving girl.  
          You have loosed my bonds.  
[17]  I will offer to you a thanksgiving sacrifice  
          and call on the name of the LORD.  
[18]  I will pay my vows to the LORD  
          in the presence of all his people,  
[19]  in the courts of the house of the LORD,  
          in your midst, O Jerusalem.  
     Praise the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment