Monday, August 26, 2013

Psalm 57

[1]   Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
         for in you my soul takes refuge;
    in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge,
         until the destroying storms pass by.
[2]   I cry to God Most High,
         to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
[3   ]He will send from heaven and save me,
         he will put to shame those who trample on me.           Selah
    God will send forth his steadfast love and his faithfulness.

[4]   I lie down among lions
         that greedily devour human prey;
    their teeth are spears and arrows,
         their tongues sharp swords.

[5]   Be exalted, O God, above the heavens.
         Let your glory be over all the earth.

[6]   They set a net for my steps;
         my soul was bowed down.
    They dug a pit in my path,
         but they have fallen into it themselves.                      
Selah
[7]   My heart is steadfast, O God,
         my heart is steadfast.
    I will sing and make melody.
[8]        Awake, my soul!
    Awake, O harp and lyre!
         I will awake the dawn.
[9]   I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
         I will sing praises to you among the nations.
[10]   For your steadfast love is as high as the heavens;
         your faithfulness extends to the clouds.

[11]   Be exalted, O God, above the heavens.
    Let your glory be over all the earth.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment