Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Psalm 30

[1]   I will extol you, O LORD, for you have drawn me up,  
          and did not let my foes rejoice over me.  
[2]   O LORD my God, I cried to you for help,  
          and you have healed me.  
[3]   O LORD, you brought up my soul from Sheol,  
          restored me to life from among those gone down to the Pit.

[4]   Sing praises to the LORD, O you his faithful ones,  
          and give thanks to his holy name.  
[5]   For his anger is but for a moment;  
          his favor is for a lifetime.  
     Weeping may linger for the night,  
          but joy comes with the morning.

[6]   As for me, I said in my prosperity,  
          "I shall never be moved."  
[7]   By your favor, O LORD,  
          you had established me as a strong mountain;  
     you hid your face;  
          I was dismayed.  
[8]   To you, O LORD, I cried,  
          and to the LORD I made supplication:  
[9]   "What profit is there in my death,  
          if I go down to the Pit?  
     Will the dust praise you?  
          Will it tell of your faithfulness?  
[10]  Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me!  
          O LORD, be my helper!"  

[11]  You have turned my mourning into dancing;  
          you have taken off my sackcloth  
          and clothed me with joy,  
[12]  so that my soul may praise you and not be silent.  
          O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment