Saturday, March 2, 2013

Psalm 31

[1]   In you, O LORD, I seek refuge;  
         do not let me ever be put to shame;  
         in your righteousness deliver me.  
[2]   Incline your ear to me;  
         rescue me speedily.  
    Be a rock of refuge for me,  
         a strong fortress to save me.

[3]   You are indeed my rock and my fortress;  
         for your name's sake lead me and guide me,  
[4]   take me out of the net that is hidden for me,  
         for you are my refuge.  
[5]   Into your hand I commit my spirit;  
         you have redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God.

[6]   You hate those who pay regard to worthless idols,  
         but I trust in the LORD.  
[7]   I will exult and rejoice in your steadfast love,  
         because you have seen my affliction;  
         you have taken heed of my adversities,  
[8]   and have not delivered me into the hand of the enemy;  
         you have set my feet in a broad place.

[9]   Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;  
         my eye wastes away from grief,  
         my soul and body also.  
[10]  For my life is spent with sorrow,  
         and my years with sighing;  
    my strength fails because of my misery,  
         and my bones waste away.

[11]  I am the scorn of all my adversaries,  
         a horror to my neighbors,  
    an object of dread to my acquaintances;  
         those who see me in the street flee from me.  
[12]  I have passed out of mind like one who is dead;  
         I have become like a broken vessel.  
[13]  For I hear the whispering of many --  
         terror all around! --  
    as they scheme together against me,  
         as they plot to take my life.

[14]  But I trust in you, O LORD;  
         I say, "You are my God."  
[15]  My times are in your hand;  
         deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors.  
[16]  Let your face shine upon your servant;  
         save me in your steadfast love.  
[17]  Do not let me be put to shame, O LORD,  
         for I call on you;  
    let the wicked be put to shame;  
         let them go dumbfounded to Sheol.  
[18]  Let the lying lips be stilled  
         that speak insolently against the righteous  
         with pride and contempt.

[19]  O how abundant is your goodness  
         that you have laid up for those who fear you,  
    and accomplished for those who take refuge in you,  
         in the sight of everyone!  
[20]  In the shelter of your presence you hide them  
         from human plots;  
    you hold them safe under your shelter  
         from contentious tongues.

[21]  Blessed be the LORD,  
         for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me  
         when I was beset as a city under siege.  
[22]  I had said in my alarm,  
         "I am driven far from your sight."  
    But you heard my supplications  
         when I cried out to you for help.

[23]  Love the LORD, all you his saints.  
         The LORD preserves the faithful,  
         but abundantly repays the one who acts haughtily.  
[24]  Be strong, and let your heart take courage,  
         all you who wait for the LORD.


No comments:

Post a Comment