Sunday, November 25, 2012

Zechariah 9:9-16

[9]Rejoice greatly, O daughter Zion!   
    Shout aloud, O daughter Jerusalem!   
Lo, your king comes to you;   
    triumphant and victorious is he,   
humble and riding on a donkey,   
    on a colt, the foal of a donkey.   
[10]He will cut off the chariot from Ephraim   
    and the war horse from Jerusalem;   
and the battle bow shall be cut off,   
    and he shall command peace to the nations;   
his dominion shall be from sea to sea,   
    and from the River to the ends of the earth.

[11]As for you also, because of the blood of my covenant with you,   
    I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit.   
[12]Return to your stronghold, O prisoners of hope;   
    today I declare that I will restore to you double.   
[13]For I have bent Judah as my bow;   
    I have made Ephraim its arrow.   
I will arouse your sons, O Zion,   
    against your sons, O Greece,   
    and wield you like a warrior's sword.

[14]Then the LORD will appear over them,   
    and his arrow go forth like lightning;   
the Lord GOD will sound the trumpet   
    and march forth in the whirlwinds of the south.   
[15]The LORD of hosts will protect them,   
    and they shall devour and tread down the slingers;   
they shall drink their blood like wine,   
    and be full like a bowl,   
    drenched like the corners of the altar.

[16]On that day the LORD their God will save them   
    for they are the flock of his people;   
for like the jewels of a crown   
    they shall shine on his land.

No comments:

Post a Comment