Saturday, April 7, 2012

Psalm 31

[1] In you, O LORD, I seek refuge;
do not let me ever be put to shame;
in your righteousness deliver me.
[2] Incline your ear to me;
rescue me speedily.
Be a rock of refuge for me,
a strong fortress to save me.

[3] You are indeed my rock and my fortress;
for your name's sake lead me and guide me,
[4] take me out of the net that is hidden for me,
for you are my refuge.
[5] Into your hand I commit my spirit;
you have redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God.

[6] You hate those who pay regard to worthless idols,
but I trust in the LORD.
[7] I will exult and rejoice in your steadfast love,
because you have seen my affliction;
you have taken heed of my adversities,
[8] and have not delivered me into the hand of the enemy;
you have set my feet in a broad place.

[9] Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
my eye wastes away from grief,
my soul and body also.
[10] For my life is spent with sorrow,
and my years with sighing;
my strength fails because of my misery,
and my bones waste away.

[11] I am the scorn of all my adversaries,
a horror to my neighbors,
an object of dread to my acquaintances;
those who see me in the street flee from me.
[12] I have passed out of mind like one who is dead;
I have become like a broken vessel.
[13] For I hear the whispering of many --
terror all around! --
as they scheme together against me,
as they plot to take my life.

[14] But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God."
[15] My times are in your hand;
deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors.
[16] Let your face shine upon your servant;
save me in your steadfast love.
[17] Do not let me be put to shame, O LORD,
for I call on you;
let the wicked be put to shame;
let them go dumbfounded to Sheol.
[18] Let the lying lips be stilled
that speak insolently against the righteous
with pride and contempt.

[19] O how abundant is your goodness
that you have laid up for those who fear you,
and accomplished for those who take refuge in you,
in the sight of everyone!
[20] In the shelter of your presence you hide them
from human plots;
you hold them safe under your shelter
from contentious tongues.

[21] Blessed be the LORD,
for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me
when I was beset as a city under siege.
[22] I had said in my alarm,
"I am driven far from your sight."
But you heard my supplications
when I cried out to you for help.

[23] Love the LORD, all you his saints.
The LORD preserves the faithful,
but abundantly repays the one who acts haughtily.
[24] Be strong, and let your heart take courage,
all you who wait for the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment