Sunday, April 22, 2012

1 John 2:7-17

[7]Beloved, I am writing you no new commandment, but an old commandment that you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word that you have heard. [8]Yet I am writing you a new commandment that is true in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining. [9]Whoever says, "I am in the light," while hating a brother or sister, is still in the darkness. [10]Whoever loves a brother or sister lives in the light, and in such a person there is no cause for stumbling. [11]But
whoever hates another believer is in the darkness, walks in the darkness, and does not know the way to go, because the darkness has brought on blindness. [12]I am writing to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven on account of his name. [13]I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young people, because you have conquered the evil one. [14]I write to you, children, because you know the Father. I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young people, because you are strong and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.

[15]Do not love the world or the things in the world. The love of the Father
is not in those who love the world; [16]for all that is in the world - the
desire of the flesh, the desire of the eyes, the pride in riches - comes not
from the Father but from the world. [17]And the world and its desire are
passing away, but those who do the will of God live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment