Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Psalm 146 and Isaiah 48:12-21

PSALM 146 
1   Praise the LORD!
     Praise the LORD, O my soul!
2   I will praise the LORD as long as I live;
          I will sing praises to my God all my life long.

3   Do not put your trust in princes,
          in mortals, in whom there is no help.
4   When their breath departs, they return to the earth;
          on that very day their plans perish.

5   Happy are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
          whose hope is in the LORD their God,
6   who made heaven and earth,
          the sea, and all that is in them;
     who keeps faith forever;
7        who executes justice for the oppressed;
          who gives food to the hungry.

     The LORD sets the prisoners free;
8        the LORD opens the eyes of the blind.
     The LORD lifts up those who are bowed down;
          the LORD loves the righteous.
9   The LORD watches over the strangers;
          he upholds the orphan and the widow,
          but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.

10  The LORD will reign forever,
          your God, O Zion, for all generations.
     Praise the LORD!

--------------------------------------------------------------

ISAIAH 48:12–21
12  Listen to me, O Jacob,
          and Israel, whom I called:
     I am He; I am the first,
          and I am the last.
13  My hand laid the foundation of the earth,
          and my right hand spread out the heavens;
     when I summon them,
          they stand at attention.

14  Assemble, all of you, and hear!
          Who among them has declared these things?
     The LORD loves him;
          he shall perform his purpose on Babylon,
          and his arm shall be against the Chaldeans.
15  I, even I, have spoken and called him,
          I have brought him, and he will prosper in his way.
16   Draw near to me, hear this!
          From the beginning I have not spoken in secret,
          from the time it came to be I have been there.
     And now the Lord GOD has sent me and his spirit.

17  Thus says the LORD,
          your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
     I am the LORD your God,
          who teaches you for your own good,
          who leads you in the way you should go.
18  O that you had paid attention to my commandments!
          Then your prosperity would have been like a river,
          and your success like the waves of the sea;
19  your offspring would have been like the sand,
          and your descendants like its grains;
     their name would never be cut off
          or destroyed from before me.
20  Go out from Babylon, flee from Chaldea,
          declare this with a shout of joy, proclaim it,
     send it forth to the end of the earth;
          say, “The LORD has redeemed his servant Jacob!”
21  They did not thirst when he led them through the deserts;
          he made water flow for them from the rock;
          he split open the rock and the water gushed out.


No comments:

Post a Comment