Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Psalm 42

[1] As a deer longs for flowing streams,            so my soul longs for you, O God.   

[2] My soul thirsts for God,   
         for the living God.   
    When shall I come and behold   
         the face of God?   
[3] My tears have been my food   
         day and night,   
    while people say to me continually,   
         "Where is your God?"

[4] These things I remember,   
         as I pour out my soul:   
    how I went with the throng,   
         and led them in procession to the house of God,   
    with glad shouts and songs of thanksgiving,   
         a multitude keeping festival.   
[5] Why are you cast down, O my soul,   
         and why are you disquieted within me?   
    Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,   
         my help [6]and my God.

    My soul is cast down within me;   
         therefore I remember you   
    from the land of Jordan and of Hermon,   
         from Mount Mizar.   
[7] Deep calls to deep   
         at the thunder of your cataracts;   
    all your waves and your billows   
         have gone over me.   
[8] By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,   
         and at night his song is with me,   
         a prayer to the God of my life.

[9] I say to God, my rock,   
         "Why have you forgotten me?   
    Why must I walk about mournfully   
         because the enemy oppresses me?"   
[10] As with a deadly wound in my body,   
         my adversaries taunt me,   
    while they say to me continually,   
         "Where is your God?"

[11] Why are you cast down, O my soul,   
         and why are you disquieted within me?   
    Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,   
         my help and my God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment