Friday, April 26, 2013

Jeremiah 31:15-22

[15] Thus says the LORD:   
    A voice is heard in Ramah,   
         lamentation and bitter weeping.   
    Rachel is weeping for her children;   
         she refuses to be comforted for her children,   
         because they are no more.   
[16] Thus says the LORD:   
    Keep your voice from weeping,   
         and your eyes from tears;   
    for there is a reward for your work,   
                                                           says the LORD:   
         they shall come back from the land of the enemy;   
[17] there is hope for your future,   
                                                           says the LORD:   
         your children shall come back to their own country.

[18] Indeed I heard Ephraim pleading:   
    "You disciplined me, and I took the discipline;   
         I was like a calf untrained.   
    Bring me back, let me come back,   
         for you are the LORD my God.   
[19] For after I had turned away I repented;   
         and after I was discovered, I struck my thigh;   
    I was ashamed, and I was dismayed   
         because I bore the disgrace of my youth."   
[20] Is Ephraim my dear son?   
         Is he the child I delight in?   
    As often as I speak against him,   
         I still remember him.   
    Therefore I am deeply moved for him;   
         I will surely have mercy on him,   
                                                           says the LORD.

[21] Set up road markers for yourself,   
         make yourself signposts;   
    consider well the highway,   
         the road by which you went.   
    Return, O virgin Israel,   
         return to these your cities.   
[22] How long will you waver,   
         O faithless daughter?   
    For the LORD has created a new thing on the earth:   
         a woman encompasses a man.


No comments:

Post a Comment