Monday, June 4, 2012

Psalm 57

[1] Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
for in you my soul takes refuge;
in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge,
until the destroying storms pass by.
[2] I cry to God Most High,
to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
[3] He will send from heaven and save me,
he will put to shame those who trample on me. Selah
God will send forth his steadfast love and his faithfulness.

[4] I lie down among lions
that greedily devour human prey;
their teeth are spears and arrows,
their tongues sharp swords.

[5] Be exalted, O God, above the heavens.
Let your glory be over all the earth.

[6] They set a net for my steps;
my soul was bowed down.
They dug a pit in my path,
but they have fallen into it themselves.
Selah
[7] My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast.
I will sing and make melody.
[8] Awake, my soul!
Awake, O harp and lyre!
I will awake the dawn.
[9] I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to you among the nations.
[10] For your steadfast love is as high as the heavens;
your faithfulness extends to the clouds.

[11] Be exalted, O God, above the heavens.
Let your glory be over all the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment